Thank you again for giving your time on Saturday, December 10th, to the children in our communities for “Shop With A Hero.” Even though registration is closed, you may still help! We have over 1,000 children registered this year and want this to be an incredible day in their lives! You have no idea what your attention and encouragement will mean to these children, who are coming out of difficult situations. They need you to care about them and make them feel special. The kids are so excited to meet you and spend time shopping with you! Thank you for being their “Hero!”
Here are the details for Saturday:
8650 Madison Blvd
Madison, AL 35758
Walmart-Drake (shuttle service, see #3)
3031 Memorial Pkwy SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
2200 Sparkman Dr NW
Huntsville, AL 35810
14595 Hwy 231/431 North
Hazel Green, AL 35750
2. TIME – All briefings will begin at 8:30 am. Please arrive in plenty of time to pick up your SWAH lanyard at the Registration table and to enjoy some coffee, juice, sausage biscuits or doughnuts from the Hospitality area.
3. PARKING – For the Hazel Green, Sparkman and Madison Locations, please park as far away from the store as possible. We want to leave plenty of room for the buses to load and unload, as well as allow the regular customers room to park.
For the Drake location, you will need to park at Joe Davis Stadium, located just across the Parkway. The parking lot at the new store on Drake is much smaller and will not accommodate our parking and that of the regular customers. We will have 2 shuttle buses running throughout the morning, beginning at 7:00 am. The shuttle will drop you off at the Registration area. Please allow extra time for the shuttle. For Police, Fire, and HEMSI, you can certainly park at the store in case you are called out on an emergency.
4. DRESS WARM – A lot of your time will be spent outside waiting for the buses to arrive.
5. CHILDREN – I have to ask you not to bring your children with you to SWAH. You are there to pour 100% of your attention on the SWAH child. If your own child is there, then you will also be a parent and your focus/attention will be divided. I understand you would like for them to be a part of this event, but this is just not the venue for that. I hope you understand and will comply.
6. PURPOSE – You are there to give these children love, support and HOPE! I want to challenge you to pour your heart into each child. Go out of your way, and maybe out of your comfort zone, to make your child feel like a “Hero!”
Thank you for signing up to help with “Shop With A Hero!”